The Grove Park Inn Photograph Collection contains over 350 photographs that document the building of the Grove Park Inn in 1912-13. Many of the photographs were taken by photographer John B. Robinson. Inn owner Edwin Wiley Grove enlisted his son-in-law Fred Seely to construct the inn, based on drawings Seely developed. Seely promised that the Inn would be open for business in less than a year from ground breaking. Seely delivered on his promise and the Grove Park Inn opened on July 12, 1913.
The Grove Park Inn Photograph Collection is a collaborative effort between Special Collections at UNC Asheville and the Grove Park Inn. Copyright is owned by the Grove Park Inn.